Departure: Rifugio Paion Alpe Cermis (2.230 m.) - Arrival: Crosscountry Stadium, Lago di Tesero (900 m.) - Difficulty: medium
rd fraction "Paragliding" - Download route KML
SECOND CHANGE: the runner competitor will pass the baton to the paraglider, who will reach Lago di Tesero passing first around a "buoy" before landing inside the Crosscountry Stadium.
Race session regulation: Paragliding
1) The competition is open to all drivers in order with the existing rules on free flight.
2) The athletes will start independently from the delimited zone for take-off and they will be under the supervision of the Referent of this discipline, who may at any time interrupt take-offs in case he detects the lack of security conditions.
3) The glider will make a speed-race in sight, so as to ensure the visibility of the event from the landing area in the cross-country stadium. The route will imply a buoy positioned in such a manner as not having to gain altitude to be able to still arrive in the landing zone. It is stated that maneuvers of rapid descent (spiral), are prohibited except for ears and ears with speed. In the case in which these maneuvers are carried out, it will be attributed to the pilot the maximum time expected for the fraction.
4) It will be assigned by the Race Director the maximum time expected for the fraction for those athletes who for whatever reason are not able to complete the race, or for whom exceed that maximum time.
5) the classes of single-sea paraglider En-A, B, C, are accepted only if approved.
6) For the free flight, helmet and emergency are required, while harnesses and wings must be approved. Pilots must be provided with regular flight certificate and valid insurance.
7) For safety reasons, every paraglider must carry a LPD radio tuned to a channel to be defined and a charged, working cell phone. Any cancellation of the race fraction will be radioed by the Referent of the discipline.
8) In case of cancellation during the course of the paragliding fraction, all times of the paragliders who have already done the race will be cancelled. It will be created a final ranking that does not take into account the paragliding fraction.
9) The participants of the event have the obligation to keep their behaviour in line with the moral principles of the "Fiemme Heroes Race". They must respect the other participants, the environment, the equipment, housing facilities, and the regulations of their own discipline.
A big thanks goes to our sponsors who support us in this new adventure.